Robin Class notices and learning of the week...
Hello Robins and families,
So already our final week before a well deserved half term break for the children.
The children have loved our story so much that we are continuing to use 'Pumpkin Soup' for some more learning with our new scarecrow story too.
This week we are looking forward to making our scarecrow for the scarecrow trail!
Also on Friday it is officially scarecrow hair day and Mufty day!
Flu vaccinations in school on Wednesday. Reception class are always first in, and are accompanied by us.
Can you ask your child what a pattern is?
After half term I will be contacting parents/carers by phone to discuss how your child has settled into school.
This week the children will be bringing home a form for parents/carers to choose a suitable date and time to be contacted. Please can you return the form to class as soon as possible and I will confirm dates and times. I hope you all have a wonderful and safe half term and enjoy the scarecrow trail and time together.
Clothing donation bags also due in this week.
Children will be coming home with their reading record books this week with their first school reader and a library book they have chosen.
On their reading record book you will also find your child's login for our interactive technology programme purple mash- take some time over the half term holiday to explore this.
I have also included a letter that describes another wonderful resource we have available to the children which is an app called 'letter join' to support their cursive writing. Take some time to download and explore this app available on a tablet, smartphone or computer.
I will look forward to starting the second part of our Autumn term after the break.
Advance notice- our class assembly will be taking place on Thursday 12th November.
On this day I am asking for the children to come to school wearing a plain red t-shirt- all will be revealed many thanks :)
Well done to Ronnie and Isla who received special celebration assembly certificates for being Resourceful learners in the classroom.
- This is the page of the website I will now update at the start of every new week. This will keep you up to date with the learning we are doing in school and provide you with key notices and information (especially during these current times).
- I understand it can be tricky to catch me due to our current drop offs but please just pop a note in their book bag if you need to ask me anything. I will then see this because we go through their book bags everyday.
- PE change to Wednesday afternoons. The children are now to come to school every Wednesday wearing their PE kit for the day.
Additional photos added of our learning week...
Click on the picture to be taken to a video link of how we say our phonic sounds.
Autumn Term Topic: Traditional tales
Stories with a moral message
Book of the week...
This week's story is our school book for this half term. Every class in school will complete different learning challenges based on this story.
click on the picture for a link to this story
Activity learning this week...
- continuing to explore our emotions and feelings
- scarecrow decorating
- scarecrow building
- describing scarecrows
- scarecrow poetry/ dance movement interpretation
- shape/ pattern focus
- Autumn- Harvest topic continued
- funky finger/ fine motor challenges with tweezers and playdoh
- name/ letter writing
- word building
- 1:1 correspondence counting
- story keyword writing
and lots more...
- fun phonic activities
- recap of our learnt sounds: M A S D T I N P G O C K U B F E L H SH R J V Y W
- new sounds: th, z, ch- recap of all learnt sounds- update of phonic assessments
- focus on fred talk and word building
- learning how to write and say these cursive letters
- sight words: is, it, in, at, and, mum, dad, to, the, dog, cat
- New words continued: no, go, I, a
Home learning challenge...
Poppy design challenge
My prayer challenge
Sound practice, fred talk for word blending
Name/ letter writing
Homework will be sent home on a Thursday and due back the following Wednesday.
Show and tell...
Scarecrow parade celebrating our hair and dress up!!
'My marvellous magic 5' continues...
All of the children will have their turn to take part in this.
When it is their turn they will come home with a special card that says...
This evening I can fill a bag with 5 things that are special to me, I will share them with my friends tomorrow at school.
This is my opportunity to tell Robin class all about myself!
(A FAMILY PHOTO, MY FAVOURITE TEDDY, SPECIAL ORNAMENT, MY FAVOURITE STORY FOR EXAMPLE)
The items will only be handled by your child and kept in the cupboard until the end of the day when it is their sharing time. Their items will come home with them the same day they come into school.
A few quotes from the children about their first few days at school...
"I just love all of it"
"I love drawing"
"I love playing with my new friends"
"We have a big TV"
"I like the big playground"
"Its sooo much fun"
"I like the big climbing frame"
"I love lunchtime and everything"
"I like riding the bikes"
"I like all the new toys- there are ones I didn't have at Nursery"
We were awarded Responsible certificates this week!
We celebrated our 5th Birthdays!
waiting in line for our turn on the go-kart!
We also celebrated another special 5th Birthday!
Fred the Frog didn't want to miss out on the fun!
We had fun with our practical maths colour challenge- finding out the most popular and least popular colour choices amongst Robin class. We spoke in full sentences to talk about our findings.
Can you see the winning colour!!!
click on the book cover to be taken to a you tube link of the story