What do the PTA do?
We aim to:
- Develop effective relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school
- Arrange events and activities that raise funds for equipment and projects in school to enhance the education of the pupils
- Organise social events for the enjoyment of the pupils, their families and the wider community.
September 2019 Class Reps - What do we do?
Class rep is an important and rewarding role. Class reps help build a sense of community among the class parents, and it is they who provide the link between the parents, the PA and the Head Teacher/Senior Leadership team.
Attendance of Class Rep meetings - These are held monthly and are an opportunity for the PA to meet and discuss forthcoming fundraising events, ideas and other generic points that your class parents have raised with you regarding fundraising opportunities for the school.
Parental Help in Class - Liaise closely with the Class teacher to organise parental help in class.
Communication - Some teachers appreciate help with communication to parents. Also providing feedback to parents/carers on matters/issues raised.
Maintaining Class Lists - Keeping (and circulating) an up to date list of all the children in the class and their contact details. It is very important to get everyone's permission to be added to the list. This is a very handy list for everyone in the class to have, for everything from play dates to emergency pick-up help!
Organising Socials for Parents - Class coffee mornings and parents’ evenings are always good fun and the most effective way of generating a good team spirit in your class (which makes enlisting volunteers for school fairs much simpler and easier when the time comes). It is totally at your discretion how often to organise them.
Christmas Fair and Summer Fair and other fundraising events - Every year group is allocated stalls and class reps are responsible for co-ordinating the preparation, rota and clearing up, this is a vital role without this help the event would not take place. Once the fair is over, you are the asked to gather feedback positive or negative and provide them in a written or verbal report.
Teacher's Presents – This is at your discretion. Sometimes parents prefer to get together and pool money to buy presents for the teacher at Christmas and end of year and if so, the Class Reps co-ordinates this. Class reps also generally co-ordinate a card or similar for the teachers with messages from the children at Christmas and end of year.
Key Expectations for Events:
- Summer or Christmas Fair: Class reps asked to volunteer/ help find volunteers for stalls plus help with tidying up after the event.
- Other events such as movie nights, cake sales, 2nd hand uniform, bingo nights, Easter egg hunt class reps are asked to volunteer to help organise these events / find volunteers within their classes to help.