As a Church school, our most basic purpose at St Michael’s CE Primary is to encourage and help children to develop and achieve in all areas of the curriculum, within a kind and caring community, supported by a Christian ethos and the 6Rs. Our aims are:
- To create a secure and happy school environment where courtesy, consideration, good manners and honesty hold high priority.
- To promote the 6Rs, as valuable life skills for a child’s time at St Michael’s and as life- long learners, successfully contributing to society in the 21st century.
- To provide an excellent education, both academic and social, in a Christian context.
- To be an integral part of the community, working in partnership with the Church and local community through both individuals and organisations.
- To continually develop the school as a key focus in the community.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum for each child, acknowledging the needs of the individual.
- To give each child equal opportunity to develop independence, confidence and self-esteem, whist enjoying their learning.
- To encourage the children to care for others and work cooperatively, thereby valuing the growth of their own achievements and those of others.
- To help pupils to achieve to their full potential, contribute to the community beyond school and make positive contributions to the community in which they live.
- To maintain an attractive and welcoming learning environment.
The true results of children’s education will not always be able to be measured in terms of marks gained or even knowledge acquired, important though they are. We also highly value integrity, honesty, effort, maturity and responsibility as well as care and consideration shown towards others. At St Michael’s the children are encouraged to ‘learn together through love, friendship, forgiveness and faith.’
At St Michael's we follow Chris Quigley's 'Essentials Curriculum'.
Please follow the link to discover more about coverage in the National Curriculum areas.